Even though Santa gave her quite a few new books for Christmas, my little bookworm somehow can still manage to want more new books to read. Totally believable. We are talking about a little person who starts at least 5 books at a time. She was reading so many books recently that she ran out of bookmarks so she had to get creative. I had no idea until I found erasers, toilet paper, and receipts as books marks. One time she even used a stick of gum.
Well, seeing as how Santa also alleviated her deficiency of bookmarks issue with some totally cool personalized bookmarks from Frecklebox.com, she has decided to add more books to her already long ‘To Read’ list.
Not that I am complaining that she wants to read more, I would just LOVE for her to finish some of the books she has started.
1. This is actually not just one book, it is a series of books by author Hillary McKay with a main character named Lulu.
Lulu is a 7 year old girl that loves animals, so Rahni immediately felt she was a kindred spirit.
2. The Year of Billy Miller by Kevin Henkes. Henkes is one of her favorite authors, so it’s no wonder she loved the excerpt from this one. It’s about a 2nd grader named Billy who seems a little uncertain about how his year will be.
3. Doll Bones by Holly Black. This appears to be a bit advanced for her reading level but she is adamant about taking a stab at it. A novel about 2 friend who go on a journey at the request of ghost that inhabits the dolls body. I’m not really sure that she will get around to reading this one, but I am pretty sure that I will:)
4. Dory Fantasmagory by Abby Hanlon. A book about a brave little girl who has an over active imagination and is the youngest of 3.
5. I just LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this book! Firebird by Misty Copeland. It’s a book about confidence. courage, and motivation; things that any girl of any age or race can identify with. This is a picture book, so it will not be difficult for her to read. I have a feeling that this book will be one that she will keep on her shelf and maybe one day pass it down to her daughter.